Member/Ownership in your community grocery store offers:
- 5-10% off daily (depending on tier)
- Ability to place money-saving Special Orders
- Voting privileges in Co-op elections
- The opportunity to run for the EEFC Board of Directors*
All members have rights:
- Each household membership has one vote in the annual board of directors elections.
- Co-op members have a right to privacy. We do not sell or trade membership data with outside organizations or disclose private member information to anyone outside of the East End Food Co-op.
We encourage the following member responsibilities:
- Duly inform the Co-op of any changes to your membership information (phone number, address, email, household members, etc.)
- Stay informed by attending board meetings and reading Co-op communications, including annual reports, newsletters, e-news, and board meeting minutes.
- Participate in our Co-op’s democratic process by voting in annual Board of Director elections.
- Serve your Co-op running in Board of Director elections.
- Inform the general public of the nature and benefits of the cooperative model. Promote Mountain People’s Co-op within your communities.
- Communicate your concerns and suggestions through our Customer Comment box an bi-annual member survey.
We also encourage members to participate in the following ways:
- Shop at your Co-op!
- Support local non-profits. Round up your total at the register.
- Attend workshops & events.
- Share your expertise by hosting a workshop.
- Stay informed. Sign up for e-news.
- Submit content to The Cooperator.
- Shop local. Show your member card for discounts at our Community Partners.
- Attend a board meeting or read meeting minutes.
- Vote in board elections.
- Run for the board.
- Provide your feedback. Submit a comment card.
- Invite a friend. Be an ambassador for your Co-op.
- Work at the Co-op. Apply for employment.
- Spread the word!